The 21-passenger Caprice is a classic Dutch Luxemotor hotel barge returning to service in 2010 to cruise between Dijon and St Leger sur Dheune in Southern Burgundy. Caprice has a cozy salon and bar and dining area with comfortable furnishings, and a two-level forward sundeck at the bow, wreathed in flowers, chairs and parasols, and even including a barbecue for an outdoor lunch one day during the cruise, weather permitting.
On the lower deck are 11 comfortable cabins (two double bed cabins, 8 twin cabins, and one single cabin) with ample storage in closet and beneath beds and each with private bath including shower. The Caprice offers a laptop computer for passenger use, two French cell phones for rent while on board and hot air ballooning where available (fee to be paid on board).
Caprice follows a popular itinerary along the Burgundy Canal, one of the most beloved in France, with an incredible abundance of interesting shore excursions by coach, on foot, by balloon or by bicycle. This incomparable region is world-renowned for its exquisite cuisine and fine wine. The cruise route affords plenty of opportunity for walking or biking along the canal.
- Number of Passengers: 21
- Number of Cabins (all with private bath): 11
- Crew: 7
- Air Conditioning and Central Heating: Yes
- Salon: Salon with banquette seating, bar area and separate dining area, all with large picture windows
- Bar: Cash bar - wine included with lunch and dinner
- Deck: Bi-level sundeck at bow with small tables and chairs
- Spa Tub: No
- Cabin Features: Two doubles, 8 twins, 1 single, from 80 to 110 sq ft each. including ensuite bathroom with shower
- Vehicle for Transfers/Excursions: Motor coach
- Accessibility: Not wheelchair accessible.
- Bicycles: Yes.